Monday, January 31, 2011

Unit 4 Loving Kindness

Hello to all, I have recently read an email from the professor that regards the due date of this activity and I apologize for the apparent lateness of this assignment.  On the brighter side, I have listened to the Loving Kindness exercise six times now, three times yesterday and three times today.  This concept is somewhat familiar to me since I have listened to my fair share of subliminal self help tapes, yes tapes, when I was in high school.  My parents bout them for me when I was having trouble concentrating at school.  I guess I'm lucky that they provided me with such a passive solution, whereas in this day and age I would surely be on Aderol or something similar to it.  The thing that I enjoy the most about this form of mental exercise is that it tells you what to do and how long to do it.  With this in mind it is safe to say that anyone can perform this process and hopefully take advantage of what it can do for our minds and our spirits. When I performed this exercise I immediately felt better about myself and every person that I come into contact with on a daily basis.  I think that by sharing the concept of the "mental workout" everyone benefits from the interaction.  If I show someone how to do this exercise and question them on their feeling after the exercise I can develop a clear understanding of how people truly feel about their lives and the people that are involved in their lives.  By compiling multiple cases of these reactions I can make sure that I am treating each of my clients to the best of my ability.  I have decided to include this Loving Kindness exercise into my daily morning routine, even though it was pretty booked, I now know I need this balance to make all the other parts of my routine more enjoyable.  As usual I am so glad to have the opportunity to learn about this amazing inner ability, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment