Hello class, I have a problem that I wanted to tell you about. It's pretty ironic but the Dacher CD that was sent to me has a ton of white noise on it. I was able to listen to the introduction of track three but it turns into this awful loud static right after the lady gets you all calm and relaxed. So I had to do this assignment from just the text. I will do some more research to see if I can find this on youtube, which I had no problem finding a version of the loving kindness exercise there as well that I posted on my Facebook page for all my friends. I enjoyed the inner aspect of the Subtle Mind exercise which seems to focus on one own well being and metal status. I know it is important to respect and appreciate all of the people around us, but I think it is more important for our own mental well being to be in order before we try to focus on the people around us. I like that these exercises focus on breathing as our way to calm ourselves and create an "anchor" as they put it by paying close attention to how we breath. I think back to when I was running cross country in high school and how much emphasis our coach put on correct breathing patterns. I thought I had made this up but when I would lay in bed at night I would take as many of the deepest breaths that I could as I fell asleep. This matches up very closely to the exercises that we have been introduce to in this class.
As for the connection between spiritual wellness and mind and body wellness I think that all three are very important to each other. I see spirit as a willingness to see beyond what we know and to believe that there are things that can help us even if we don't fully understand why. Once we have the spirit, we can train our minds to positively accept all of the stimuli that we receive throughout the day. By having this positive reaction or flow through our bodies we have a much greater chance of staying healthy in mind and body. Our brains are so powerful that if we are stressed out for a period of time this will most certainly reduce our abilities to fight off the many different strains of viruses and diseases. So keep your spirits high, your mind grounded, and your body fit and you will have a much more enjoyable life.
Hey Bryan,
ReplyDeleteThere's a download in doc sharing for the subtle mind practice. I think it's great you were able to do it from the reading though.
I too like that anchoring as a way to stay connected with the breath. I remember the first time I was told to breath into my feet. I didn't know what that meant. Now, I can breath into any part of my body and be able to feel the difference. It's amazing to me.
I wish people were more open to this type of health care. I see so many negative people running around. The negativity just seems to course through them, effecting their health, their relationships with others.
You are so right about positivity flow. It keeps us happy and healthy.
Be well!
(p.s. love the truck in the picture!)
Hello Bryan. I have also recommended these exercises to a couple of my friends. I had a couple of friends who brushed my suggestion off. However, I found the friends who I relate to more as far as taking care of themselves open to the idea. One of the main concerns of the exercises is for those practicing to practice in a calm environment. I enjoyed your suggeston of the man-cave. I am actually getting an office finally built in my home in a few weeks. I plan on turning it into a yoga room as well with pretty candles and pictures. Boys will be boys and girls will be girls, no matter our age. Lol
ReplyDelete