I have enjoyed this class immensely due to the mind stimulation that it has brought into my life. I feel sorry for those who have not been introduced to these concepts because they can drastically change the mental and physical health of anyone who attempts them. I personally enjoyed the subtle mind exercise more than any other that we have learned. As an old cross country runner I have been aware of breathing techniques for a long time now. Only recently have I discovered that our breathing patterns can be used to calibrate our minds so that we are able to confidently face all of the stressful situations that we may encounter during our lives. The focus that can be achieved through the subtle mind exercise can be used to help us help others, and this may truly be the highlight of it's simplicity.
The loving kindness exercise was also a great achievement in my spiritual growth. I really can appreciate the concept of projecting ones love and caring feelings to those who surround our lives. I have always been a big believer in Karma, and the loving kindness exercise seems to revolve around the fact that we get out of life only what we put into it. I spend a great deal of time concerned about my fellow man, and the loving kindness exercise makes me feel as though I am actually helping people by using my positive thoughts, and in this way I am indirectly effecting peoples lives without interfering with their own free will.
Hey Bryan,
ReplyDeleteI admire the connection you made with using the loving-kindness exercise for others without "interfering with their own free will." Sending prayers and good thoughts to people we don't know is an altruistic behavior that takes very little effort but can give so much.
Take care!